Carolyn Kelley, OTR/L
Carolyn decided to meld her love of movement with her love of children during graduate school in Oregon when her anatomy teacher there introduced her to Occupational Therapy. As she began her studies in OT she soon realized that her years of teaching Montessori preschool and working with one particular 3 year old, whetted her interest in OT long before she knew what it was.
- Masters in Occupational Therapy
University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA
- Extensive continuing education in Sensory Integration and Sensory Processing Disorders
- Extensive continuing education in handwriting
- Extensive continuing education in Pervasive Developmental Disorders including Autism and Asperger's Syndrome
- Play and its contributions to development of social, emotional, movement, and adaptive life skills in children
- Floor Time
Carolyn loves to travel with her son, especially by train. She took up running on her fiftieth birthday and has finished six marathons on three continents. She loves music, has played hand bells at her church for 20 years, and sings in three choirs.